“Sharing is KFC” – Celebrating the 7- year anniversary of KFC in Myanmar November 21, 2022
Outcome-based Crisis Management for COVID in Myanmar
As Myanmar public and private sectors begin their journey of dealing with COVID. I wanted to share my take on how we at ERA Myanmar are counseling some of our top clients on managing and mitigating the crisis.
Our senior reputation management leadership are joining weekly calls with clients to counsel and advise courses of action - but that's just what they are, courses of action. Every course has an end, and I wanted to share a few ways in which we are framing success for managing the crisis for our clients in Myanmar. Here are the questions we will ask as a matter of benchmarking success and evaluating it at the end.
- How many of your staff got ill? What did you do for them?
- Have you limited reputational damage? Did your stakeholders feel good about your decisions?
- Did your market value or brand equity improve? Did your competitors do better?
- Have you managed to retain staff? Did you lose any employees, what was the effect on others? On your reputation as an employer?
- Did any customers leave you? Would they come back?
- Has profitability increased?
- Does the general public have a better or worse opinion of you?
ERA Myanmar and our leadership use a handful of recommendations or streamlined communications products (online and offline) that can be rapidly deployed to ensure the above are answered favorably at any stage of the rapidly evolving crisis.
We focus primarily on preparation, evidence-based engagements, engagement of medical and other subject matter experts as not to politicize the issue internally, and ways to communicate to avoid sensationalizing or dramatizing the crisis among Myanmar audiences.
The general public can catastrophize difficult situations. But a crisis is not always a disaster. Leaders should humanize their response at all levels of the organization, but ensure the reliable, regular dissemination of news among your core audiences.
Subscribe to our Newsletter focusing on regional trends.
Stay on top of trends on PR, reputation, digital, brand and consumer engagement from our agencies in each market.